Being a primary caregiver for your loved ones is an important role that takes most, if not all of your time. Sometimes the task may seem overwhelming or you realize there are other tasks and people needing your attention. That is where our expert Respite care services come in to help you recharge your emotional and physical batteries.
Respite care services refer to short-term stays and are a great option for an elderly or disabled person who requires day-to-day assistance while you are away. iCare Home Health is a great way of being assured that your loved one continues to receive care in a safe and healthy environment while you take a short or extended break.
Respite care services are used when
- A family caregiver requires a break or has to travel for business or vacation.
- You need to attend to other daily tasks such as shopping, exercising, visiting your children’s schools or attending social functions.
- A family is easing their loved one into life at a senior community
- When a senior is recovering from a medical procedure, and needs assistance to ease into the transition of returning home
Respite care is provided on a short term, long term or regular basis depending on your requirements. However, there may be times when your loved one may find it difficult to accept respite care. Our senior care service professionals win hearts through their compassion, sincere interest in providing a better quality of life and empowering the elderly to age independently in the comfort of their own home.
- Provide companionship as well as a healthy, bright and safe environment.
- Prepare nutritious meals daily.
- Administer medication and look out for signs of discomfort.
- Provide personal care such as bathing, grooming, feeding, dressing and toileting.
- Provide laundry service and light housekeeping chores.
- Accompany the elderly for walks, outings and drive them to their personal or medical appointments.
Respite care services allows the family caregiver time to evaluate the situation more clearly and make adjustments to improve the quality of life for their loved one upon return. It also reduces the possibility of unintentional abuse and/or neglect.
Recent medical studies have shown that people are living much healthier and longer lives in Canada. So it’s shrewed to prepare for the inevitable.
While respite care can be a wonderful change for the person being cared for, it also brings a renewed sense of purpose to the family caregiver.
iCare Home Health would be happy to arrange a free assessment to discuss a variety of care options for your family member. For more information on home care assistance and senior care services, contact iCare Home Health at email@example.com. iCare Home Health is a community based Home Health Care services agency serving the Burlington, Oakville, Milton, Georgetown, Mississauga and Toronto ON areas.
Service offerings range includes
- “Friend at Home” companion care
- “Personal Support at Home” PSW services
- “Nurse at Home” nursing assistance“
- “Handyman at Home”
- “Genius at Home” computer help
We also offer a suite of custom Hospital Discharge, Respite and Live-In Care Packages. Are you looking for help to find your way through the healthcare system? Check our iCare Navigator service that promotes Healthcare Navigation and Patient Advocacy.