Celebrate Seniors’ Month
Senior Care & Home Caregiver Service
June is Seniors’ Month in Ontario, and it is a time for seniors, friends, families, and your local community to join in and celebrate! This is an opportunity to celebrate the lives of seniors, their contributions, experience, wisdom and to be an inspiration for upcoming generations. iCare Home Health Services is proud to support Seniors’ Month 2013 with an exciting event to celebrate!
iCare Home Health prides itself in its “Joie de Vivre” or Joy of Life approach to homecare services and caregiver programs. In addition to our wide range of services, we embrace the Ontario’s Action Plan for Seniors, to meets the needs of our clients by:
- helping seniors stay healthy and get better access to health care
- helping seniors stay active and engaged in all aspects of community life
- helping seniors live safely, independently and with dignity
At iCare Home Health, one of our core Values is to “Make a Difference” in everything we do, including making our communities a better place to live by making a difference and inspiring moments of optimism, fun and happiness.
To celebrate Seniors’ Month 2013, iCare Home Health, in collaboration with Sheridan College Elder Research Centre (SERC), is pleased to bring the “Chronicles of Future’s Past” photo exhibit to a community location near you. This is a must see inspiring exhibit where a picture will indeed speak a 1000 words
The Chronicles of Future’s Past Exhibit
Sheridan College showcased the works of photographer Jerry Friedman in September 2012 for the first time in Canada. Friedman travelled the globe seeking out supercentenarians (people that have reached the age of 110), taking their photos and incorporating little pieces of their lives into those photos.
This exhibit has been shown in Tokyo, Amsterdam, Washington, Boston, and New York City as the “Earth’s Elders” exhibit, and is comprised of 54 headshots of complete with personal stories of each Supercentenarian It celebrates lives well lived, and is ready to inspire people of all ages to embrace a Joie de Vivre approach to life in line with the iCare Home Health approach.
June Exhibit Event Locations
The exhibit will be shown in part in the following locations and dates:
- June 1-2, 2013: Burlington Gardens Seniors Living, Burlington, ON,
- June 15-16, 2013: Sunrise Seniors Living,Burlington, ON,
- June 3 -7, 2013: Trillium Health Partners – Credit Valley Hospital (Atrium), Mississauga, ON Map
- June 10-14, 2013: Trillium Health Partners – Queensway Health Centre (Atrium), Toronto, ON Map
- June 10, 2013: Oakville-Trafalgar Memorial Hospital (Auditorium),
Oakville, ON, 8:00am-4:30pm, Map
- June 11, 2013: Oakville-Trafalgar Memorial Hospital (Auditorium),
Oakville, ON, 8:00am-11:30am, 1:30pm-4:30pm Map
- June 11-27, 2013: Queen Elizabeth Park Community & Cultural Centre (QEPCCC), Oakville, ON, Monday-Friday 9:00am-9:00pm,
Saturday 9:00am-7:00pm, Sunday 9:00am-5:00pm Map
Pay Visitor Parking available at Credit Valley. Queensway Health Centre and Oakville-Trafalgar Memorial Hospitals
iCare Home Health would like to acknowledge the efforts of the following professionals that helped bring the exhibit to our communities: Pat Spadafora and the Sheridan Elder Research Centre (SERC) team, Anne McKye, Priti Patel, Heather Elliott, Johanna Wieting, Kim Kohlberger, Trillium Health Partners, Halton Healthcare, Century Gardens, Sunrise Senior Living and the Town of Oakville.