Respite Care Package
You deserve a break! Respite programs provide planned short-term breaks for family caregivers who are providing care for their loved ones so that they can remain at home. Respite has been shown to help sustain family caregiver health and wellbeing.
Whether you need to shop, attend a child’s school event, or just go to your favourite exercise class, our respite care services allow you to relax and enjoy, knowing your family member is cared for while you are away. Our respite care package is also the perfect solution when you go on vacation, travel for the holidays, or attend an out-of-town event.
Our Respite Care Package includes the following services:
- Initial Assessment Involves meeting with you and family members to develop a custom support plan while you are away
- Friend at Home Companion and/or Personal Support at Home Services
- Medication Management Involves organizing and tracking medications to make sure that they are taken as prescribed.
- Physician Visit Support Ensures that any medical appointments are maintained, providing or arranging for transportation and communication with health care professionals as required.
- Meal Preparation and Housekeeping Nutrition Involves meal planning, shopping and preparation.
- Monitoring Involves becoming familiar with the warning signs and taking appropriate action in a timely manner.