Birdies for Brains 2017
Make a Difference:
“Make a Difference” in everything we do is one of our cherished Values. For the second year, iCare Home Health is proud to be Hole Sponsor of The Brain Injury Society of Toronto annual Birdies for Brain Injury fundraiser. – so many ways to support #BirdiesForBrainInjury and together we can make a positive difference in our communities and the lives of others.
Acquired Brain Injury General Facts
- The annual incidence of TBI is greater than that of Multiple Sclerosis, Spinal Cord Injury, HIV/AIDS and Breast Cancer combined.
- Over 500,000 Canadians sustain a traumatic brain injury each year, and incidence rates are on the rise.
- TBI is the leading killer and disabler of Canadians under the age of 40.
- Men experience brain injury twice as often as women.
- The human skull provides very little protection from injury; it is only one quarter inch thick.
- Concussion is the third most prevalent sport related injury.
- After one brain injury, you are at three times greater risk for a second brain injury and eight times greater for other bodily injuries.
- Neurotrauma injuries (brain injury, spinal cord injury) impact over half a million Ontarians and create a cost burden to the province in the order of 2 to 3 billion annually.
- Each severe brain injury costs our medical system over $400,000 at the time of injury. Costs remain approximately the same each year following the incident due to indirect expenses and follow-up treatment.
Join the iCare Home Health
Sponsorships, Foursomes, Individual Golf Packages or just come for lunch – so many ways to support #BirdiesForBrainInjury www.bist.ca/birdies, all for great cause.
When: Friday June 23, 2017
Time: 8:00 am to 1:00 pm.
Where: Lionhead Golf and Country Club
8525 Mississauga Rd
Brampton, L6Y 0C1 Canada
Your donation improves the lives of the people we serve – those living with a brain injury and their families. Follow this link to Donate: http://www.bist.ca/donate/
Brain Injury/ Attendant Care Services:
Our Care Directors are Brain Injury Care certified from Brock University and the Ontario Brain Injury Association (OBIA). For a Free assessment or more information click here: https://www.icarehomehealth.ca/icare-services/attendant-care/