Brain Injury Society Golf Tour 2016
Make a Difference:
At iCare Home Health, one of our core values is to “Make a Difference” in everything we do. We are proud to be a Sponsor of The Brain Injury Society of Toronto annual Birdies for Brain Injury fundraiser. Sponsorships, Foursomes, Individual Golf Packages are welcome or just come for lunch – so many ways to support #BirdiesForBrainInjury and together we can make a positive difference in our communities and the lives of others.
Support the Brain Injury Society:
Acquired Brain Injury General Facts
- The annual incidence of TBI is greater than that of Multiple Sclerosis, Spinal Cord Injury, HIV/AIDS and Breast Cancer combined.
- Over 500,000 Canadians sustain a traumatic brain injury each year, and incidence rates are on the rise.
- TBI is the leading killer and disabler of Canadians under the age of 40.
- Men experience brain injury twice as often as women.
- The human skull provides very little protection from injury; it is only one quarter inch thick.
- Concussion is the third most prevalent sport related injury.
- After one brain injury, you are at three times greater risk for a second brain injury and eight times greater for other bodily injuries.
- Neurotrauma injuries (brain injury, spinal cord injury) impact over half a million Ontarians and create a cost burden to the province in the order of 2 to 3 billion annually.
- Each severe brain injury costs our medical system over $400,000 at the time of injury. Costs remain approximately the same each year following the incident due to indirect expenses and follow-up treatment.
Join the iCare Home Health
Sponsorships, Foursomes, Individual Golf Packages or just come for lunch – so many ways to support #BirdiesForBrainInjury www.bist.ca/birdies, all for great cause.
When: Friday June 24, 2016
Time: 8:00 am to 1:00 pm.
Where: Lionhead Golf and Country Club
8525 Mississauga Rd
Brampton, L6Y 0C1 Canada
You donation improves the lives of the people we serve – those living with a brain injury and their families. Follow this link to Donate: http://www.bist.ca/donate/
Brain Injury/ Attendant Care Services:
Our Care Directors are Brain Injury Care certified from Brock University and the Ontario Brain Injury Association (OBIA). For a Free assessment or more information click here: https://www.icarehomehealth.ca/icare-services/attendant-care/