March is Fraud Prevention Month
1. Fraud: Recognize it, Reject it, Report it.
2. If you suspect being compromised, change your passwords including social media sites.
3. Don’t give any personal info if you’re not sure who the caller is.
4. The CRA son’t call & ask you to pay a debt by prepaid credit card or wire transfer.
5. As a consumer, you have the right to cancel a contract within 10 days cooling-off period.
6. Don‘t use a complete word as a Password.
7. Always shred personal documents before tossing them.
8. Visit GetCyberSafe.ca for tips to protect yourself on line.
9. in 2015, the Emergency (grandparents) Scam claimed 474 victims in Canada and nearly $2.5 million was lost Watch Video
10. Follow #FraudChat on twitter (on our home page) for more fraud prevention tips.