Allergy Awareness Month
The Medic Alert Foundation of Canada is reminding Canadians that May is National Asthma and Allergy Awareness month to raise awareness of the allergy season and the health issues that come with it. May is the peak season for asthma and allergy sufferers, but is also a perfect time to educate your patients, students, parents and friends about these diseases.
Asthma has affected over 3 million Canadians. Researchers say that 8.5 percent of Canadians (aged 12 and over) suffer from asthma. This month is to raise awareness for these diseases. There are many ways to take action to help raise awareness.
- Request a free fundraising kit to see how to help raise funds for patients of allergies or asthma.
- You can print and share the basic facts about asthma and allergies handouts with your family, friends an community.
- Make a donation in honor of a loved one that is living with asthma or allergies.
- You can sign up for the free quarterly newsletter that the asthma and allergy foundation puts out that is filled with information about asthma, seasonal allergies, food allergies, back to school tips and much more.
- You can change your profile picture on social media.
- You can subscribe to Allergic Living Magazine.
These are all things that you can do to show your support and raise awareness in your local communities. Anything you can do will help make a difference.
If you want to get involved and help to raise awareness for food allergies and Anaphylaxis you can head to the F.A.R.E. website and print out posters. These are to post in your home or community to help spread the word. You can also help by donating to the cause and by attending the events that will be going on.
This is an important cause all around and no matter your age, you should be aware of the allergies and the impacts they can have. Please stay informed and help to spread the word. It could end up helping someone, even you.
Looking to find care for a suffering family member, we can help, feel free to talk to one of our Home Care Directors and call us now!